Hillary’s Ride for Mental Health was established as a society to encourage conversation about depression, suicide and other mental health issues affecting youth and young adults. Through concerts and other events we will bring together communities that support local and regional mental health organizations.
Hillary’s Ride for Mental Health values:
- the giving and caring spirit of Hillary Werthmann (1983 – 2003).
- the voice of young Canadians, that they be heard and respected.
- the role and work of local grassroots organizations associated with mental health.
- the creation of connections between the individuals, organizations and varied communities involved with mental health concerns.
- open dialogue around the needs and challenges of living with mental illness.
- ethical and responsible fundraising for mental health organizations.