As the morning sun rises over Peterborough, Ont., the riders are starting their busiest weekend of the entire journey.
After arriving in Madoc this evening (Friday), they’ll be heading straight to Deseronto for their concert at John McNeill’s Place with performances from Roger Law, The Kim Pollard Band, Fred Werthman and Bill Werthmann. Our partner charity will be Mental Health Support Network.
Then tomorrow (Saturday), they’ll ride into Perth for the concert at the Mera School House in McDonald’s Corner, with David Francey and friends. The partner charity here will be the Kid’s Help Phone.
They ride into Ottawa on Sunday, followed by a concert on Monday evening (after a well deserved ‘rest day’ in the Capital) at Greenfields in Nepean. Performing are Lynn Miles, Sneezy Waters, Ball & Chain, Maria Hawkins, Bobby Watt,Keith Glass, Greg Werthman and Brock Zeman. The support charity, Parents’ Lifelines of Eastern Ontario, will be available to talk about their essential services.
And they’re doing all of this without their support driver Al, who has popped home for a weekend wedding.
To get all the details on this busy weekend, make sure you follow the riders on various media. Here are some of the upcoming and recent highlights:
- On Saturday morning Lynn Miles will co-host the Canadian Spaces folk show with Chris White on Ottawa community station CKCU, and will also be joined by David Francey, Keith Glass and our own Bill Werthmann to talk about the weekend’s events. Make sure you’re listening on 93.1 FM in Ottawa, or online at 10am (Eastern). (An archive will be available to listen to after the broadcast). (Note: An earlier version of this post incorrectly said the show started at 11am – sorry about that error – it’s 10am)
- Tonight hear Bill Werthmann on Andy Donnelly’s Celtic Show on Alberta’s CKUA Radio.
- Bill did his weekly update with Edmonton’s CJSR yesterday, where they talked about the musical events along the ride’s route:
- The Algoma News did a nice story on the ride earlier this week.
- Thanks to the Davy Lake Campground & Resort, in Ignace, for the well-wishes on your website.